Financial and in-kind support
- Financial donations – always needed. See the “GIVE” page on our website for direct giving or mail a check to P. O. Box 2065, Manitowoc, WI 54221-2065.
- Wish list – our needs are constantly changing, but currently we are in need of a reliable minivan, a 40-gallon hot water heater, other….
Fundraising and Events
- Fundraiser table hosts – provide critical support for our annual fundraiser by filling a table (10 guest) with friends interested in joining our ministry. Time: minimal.
- Fundraiser – event coordination including planning/tracking invitations, organizing and encouraging table hosts, decorations and literature, prayer support. Time: flexible, short term.
- Development luncheons – coordinate catering menu, tables/chairs setup and clean up for our (approximately) monthly luncheons. Time: 4 hours/month (not every month!)
- Development luncheons Transportation– van to transport; serve/set up
- Website development – the Medical Clinic and The Crossing HOME need “micro sites” – simple, one page websites that can be a “one stop” information source from links or search engines. Time: flexible.
- Graphics skills for Instagram poster development – create graphics utilizing client photos and creative content to augment Facebook, blog and promotional activity. Time: flexible
Marketing and Publicity Volunteer The goal is to maintain a public “face” for the organization on a consistent basis coordinated with social media. Much content can be shared/modified across several platforms. For example, a particular client success story could be developed for a press release then adapted for the Chamber’s Tuesday Tidbits or for a radio public service announcement. Time: flexible (2-4 hours/week)
- Client advocates – training and mentoring provided. Time: 3 hours/week
- Clinic volunteer – Be a second person presence at the Medical Clinic Monday or Thursday afternoons 12-4pm. (A male volunteer on Mondays could enable us to provide STI testing to men.)
- Organize diaper/boutique drives for your club or organization. Time: flexible.
- Plan a Crossing speaker to visit your club, organization. Time: flexible
HOME, A place of new beginnings
Here are items on our wish list:
- Outside play area (swings, play house, etc.)
Here are our current, most urgent needs:
- Child care: This involves coming to The Crossing HOME for a 2 hour increment and watching the resident’s children while the residents are involved in group programming at The Home. This would be a great opportunity for a mother daughter pair to serve together. It is also open to teens that have experience with childcare.
- Transportation: This role involves providing periodic transportation on a case by case basis for residents who do not have a vehicle. The volunteer would need to provide their own vehicle, be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license and car insurance, and have some flexibility in their schedule.
- Volunteer support: This role may be 3 hours, an overnight, or a weekend; depending on your preference and our need. The volunteer support will provide general support to for the residents of The Crossing Home. Tasks they may participate in are cooking with the residents, arts and crafts, helping with homework, and simply being available if any needs arise. Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Maintenance and lawn Care: We are looking for a few individuals who have some sort of maintenance experience and who would be willing to help with general maintenance of The Home as needs arise. We are also looking for people who would be interested in helping with cutting grass and lawn upkeep.
- Meal drop off: From time to time we would like to have meals made and provided for residents. We are looking for individuals and/or groups who would be willing to cook and drop off a meal at The Home.
Here are ongoing donations of supplies that are always needed:
- Dish Soap & Dishwasher Soap
- Laundry Soap
- Hygiene Items; Shampoo, conditioner, multi-cultural hair products, hair picks or brushes, toothbrushes, hand or body soap, feminine hygiene products, body lotion, baby powder
- Toilet paper and paper towel
- Cleaning Supplies; bleach, multi-purpose cleaner, borax, carpet cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, Lysol, cleaning wipes, laundry soap/dryer sheets
- Pantry Items
- Health Snacks- popcorn kernels, granola bars, fruit snacks, crackers, yogurt, dried fruit, nuts,
- Gift Cards for Grocery Stores, Gas Stations, Wal-Mart, Movie Theater, Bowling Alley, etc.
If you have any donations or questions please contact Angie Bontempo by phone at 920-973-4358 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org