Financial and in-kind support
- Financial donations – always needed. See the “GIVE” page on our website for direct giving or mail a check to P. O. Box 2065, Manitowoc, WI 54221-2065.
- Wish list – our needs are constantly changing, but currently we are in need of a reliable minivan, a 40-gallon hot water heater, other….
Fundraising and Events
- Fundraiser table hosts – provide critical support for our annual fundraiser by filling a table (10 guest) with friends interested in joining our ministry. Time: minimal.
- Fundraiser – event coordination including planning/tracking invitations, organizing and encouraging table hosts, decorations and literature, prayer support. Time: flexible, short term.
- Development luncheons – coordinate catering menu, tables/chairs setup and clean up for our (approximately) monthly luncheons. Time: 4 hours/month (not every month!)
- Development luncheons Transportation– van to transport; serve/set up
- Website development – the Medical Clinic and HOME of Restoration need “micro sites” – simple, one page websites that can be a “one stop” information source from links or search engines. Time: flexible.
- Graphics skills for Instagram poster development – create graphics utilizing client photos and creative content to augment Facebook, blog and promotional activity. Time: flexible.
- Client advocates – training and mentoring provided. Time: 3 hours/week
- School presenters – Training and thorough curriculum provided.
- Clinic volunteer – Be a second person presence at the Medical Clinic Monday or Thursday afternoons 12-4pm. (A male volunteer on Mondays could enable us to provide STI testing to men.)
- Organize diaper/boutique drives for your club or organization. Time: flexible.
- Plan a Crossing speaker to visit your club, organization. Time: flexible
HOME, A place for new beginnings
- Work crews – we need help cleaning, stripping wall paper, painting and other minor construction projects to make our HOME of Restoration ready for new residents. Time: flexible, short term.
- Work crew organizer – can you help organize and supervise work crews under the direction of our contractor? Time: flexible, short term.
- Room sponsors/decorators – we provide beds and basic furniture, decorators provide linens, wall art, accessories. Time: flexible
- Volunteer custodian – Do you know someone who can help us with minor maintenance and custodial services? Time – flexible, 4-6 hours/week
- Gift registries – we are establishing registries at Shopko and WalMart to acquire minor furnishings such as kitchen and storage items, bed and bath linens and other home accessories. Please contact our office for links and more information.
- School and baby supplies – Provide for a family’s particular start up needs. This might be start up baby supplies and clothing, school supplies for mom or kids. We’ll provide a list of current needs -- you or your group could make a family’s transition easier. Please contact our office for specifics.
- Overnight advocates – Spend an overnight with us, 4pm – 8am. You’ll have your own bedroom and bath. Could you with your group provide this support regularly one night a week? You might combine this with providing an evening meal, below. (Women volunteers only, please.)
- Eve meals -- Could your small groups plan, provide for and help prepare one evening meal a week? The caring fellowship would surpass the need for nourishment. Personal relationships are invaluable guidance. We would ask that you coordinate menus with our onsite director, bring in the food, prepare it with our client families and share it together.
- Afternoon volunteers -- Could your congregation provide afternoon help one week a month? Clients will need transportation to/from jobs, school, interviews, appointments, church/Sunday School. We’ll need “hands and feet” to help with the errands needed to run a household. Needs will likely change from day to day – we’d ask for a responsible driver with a vehicle, prepared to adjust to changing assignments. (Just like any family!
- Personal ministry, encouragement – Will you invest time to meet with one of our clients one evening a week, one-on one? We’d hope you could offer personal encouragement, mentoring and spiritual support.